1. To send a message to the listserv, simply email it to npEnterprise@yahoogroups.com . Send your message as "plain text" rather than as "html," to avoid goofy formatting. The message must come from an email address that currently subscribes to the listserv. No attached files please. Please include your name and organizational affiliation. Please note that the moderators reserve the right to select or combine messages for distribution to the list. Sometimes there is a backlog of messages waiting to be distributed to the list, so it might take up to a week or two before your messages goes out to the list. (And some messages are not posted due to space limitations.) Shorter messages are more likely to be read than longer ones.
2. To respond to a message from the listserv, hit the reply button and write your message. Double check your subject line, and make sure that it summarizes the topic. If you subscribe to the digest format of the list, then the subject line will automatically be something like "Digest Number 123." Please change it to the subject line for the original message.
3. The focus of this listserv is earned income strategies, rather than general nonprofit management issues or fundraising, or to promote services, events or job postings. Before posting a message, we encourage new subscribers to "lurk" for a week or two to get a feel for the conversation.
4. You can view all past messages, or search for messages on particular topics, at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/npEnterprise . (Note: you will need a free Yahoo ID to access the archives.) If you have friends or colleagues who might want to subscribe, send them to our web site at http://www.npEnterprise.net
5. If you wish to let folks know about an event or a job opening in the field of social enterprise, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org instead of the listserv. She may be willing to place it in the Enterprising Voice, which is SEA's monthly email newsletter. The EV is distributed both to the npEnterprise Forum and to SEA's email distribution list (combined circulation of ~15,000 unique email addresses). Priority is given to SEA members. Deadline for sending items to Sarah is the Friday before publication of each issue of the EV (which is typically the first Weds of the month).
6. Finally, while we encourage subscribers to communicate with each other in the spirit of colleagues sharing information and contacts, calling or emailing subscribers for promotional reasons is inconsistent with the purpose of this listserv. The moderators reserve the right to remove from the list anyone who violates this principle.